A question I've been asked a few times this month. I actually feel really excited about starting a new decade. After taking control of my life in my late twenties, I feel more confident and positive than ever before. But hey, it's been a long time coming so I don't wish to sound smug over here!
I started the last decade feeling very insecure. I was five dress sizes bigger and didn't have much confidence in my abilities. I spent most days feeling utterly self conscious and worrying about what people thought of me. I had kind of given into the fact I was going to the big girl who would probably not the live the life I was supposed to had I been more confident and open to opportunities.
Things changed though and I went through many experiences, which I have spoken about in past blogs, that have made me who I am today. And I wouldn't change it for the world. No regrets.
However, there are a few life lessons I have learned that maybe I would have liked to have known a littler earlier in my life....
1. Sugar is the enemy and is as bad an addiction as smoking. Cut down on it.
2. If there is someone in your life that makes you feel rubbish, see them less or not at all.
3. Be nice to everyone you meet on the way up.
4. Be open to opportunities that come your way, what is the worst that can happen?
5. Excercise every day, even if it's just a brisk walk.
6. Don't compare your life to others.
7. Meditate every day.
8. Write every day.
9. Drink lots of water.
10. Don't be scared of the gym, no one is looking at you.
11. Try not to judge someone who's in a situation you've never been in yourself.
12. Find your passion and don't let it slide.
14. Don't trust men who look at your lips one too many times when they're talking to you.
15. Always, always listen to your gut instinct.
14. Cook from scratch as much as possible and always read the label.
15. Don't be scared to say no.
16. Don't be scared to say yes.
17. Watch Star Wars, they're actually really good films.
18. Eat less bread and pasta.
19. Eat more veg.
20. Don't use food as your comfort blanket.
21 Try something new that scares you more often.
22. Go to Paris as much as possible.
23. Everyone has their own insecurities, don't assume you're the only one.
24. Cleanse, tone and moisturise every day, twice a day.
25. Put extra sun screen on your forehead when subathing.
26. Tell friends and family you love them more, you never know what will happen tomorrow.
27. Loneliness is one of the worst feelings so learn to love your own company.
28. Look after your mental health as much as your physical health.
29. Dance more.
30. Do what makes you happy.
What are your life lessons? I would love to hear them!