Wednesday 21 October 2015

Official Gym Bunny

I've been going to the gym for nearly a year now and I'm glad to say I haven't lost the motivation or interest, I've only gotten more addicted to the power of the endorphins and seeing the changes I'm making to my body and general health.

In all honesty, I didn't think my will power was as strong as it appears to be. Will power is what makes me drag myself out of my bed and get to the gym 3 mornings a week. I prefer going to the gym at the crack of dawn. Call me mad, but it starts my day off so positively and gets my metabolism going. I sometimes will go after work or later in the morning at the weekend but generally I'm definitely a morning girl!

 I have my days where I really 'can't be bothered'. Like this morning - my alarm went off at 6am, it was pitch black, I heard the rain tapping on my window, the wind rushing through the trees, and I just wanted to roll over and go back to sleep.

But I didn't, I had a glass of water and splashed my face because I knew I would only be lying in bed for one more hour begrudging myself that I didn't go to the gym and would instead have to go after work when I'm tired and drained. I would start the day on a less positive note, that's for sure.



(On the left) Out at The Midlands Fashion Awards on Friday (on the left) Back in 2007, cooking in Portugal
 
When you start going to the gym on a regular basis, at the same time each day, you start to get to know people. It's that community spirit that human beings need, and you can find it anywhere, whether it be in the workplace or your neighbourhood, or the gym! I love my gym for the fact that people of all ages, sizes and backgrounds, come together to keep healthy and spend time doing something so positive for themselves. It helps to keep you motivated too. You can be inspired by what the ultra fit lady is doing next to you with the kettle bells or stay focused together in a class. If the person next to you is continuing to lift those weights, it will spur you on to do the same.

 This past month I have really seen a difference in my body. My arms are becoming more sculpted, my bum is firmer and my tummy is even getting more toned! I also have seen a difference in my health.  I would always get ill with my asthma and have horrendous sore throats and coughs when the colder months kicked in. This year I have had one cold. That's it! And even when the dreaded time of the month looms and you're feeling agonised by cramps, just get on the cross trainer, they soon disappear.


The gym may not be for everyone but it really has turned my life around for the better, and the more I feel the benefits of keeping fit, the more I want to push myself. I've even signed up for a Body Combat Circuit training class (I think that's what they call it?!) first thing tomorrow morning.... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment